A Gold Coast couple who took the plunge 18 months ago to buy a candy store are now enjoying sweet succes...
Simtech Creations Wins Family Business Award
Written on the 31 July 2023 by Gold Coast PR Company Consulting Hall
Gold Coast-based Simtech Creations, which supplies LED displays to casinos and resorts around the world, has won a family business award.
Simtech was named the July winner of the Family Business category at the Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards hosted by Westpac at Royal Pines.
The company, which was originally named Signs In Motion, now has offices in Macau, Singapore and the USA, as well as its 9000sqm purpose-built facility at Yatala. It counts nine members of the Curtis family among its 140-plus employees.
Simtech’s clients include gaming and resort giants such as Aristocrat, Konami, Las Vegas Sands, Melco, Wynn, Crown Resorts, The Star Entertainment Group and Skycity Resorts.
After its award win Simtech is now in the running to claim the Gold Coast Business of the Year title in December.
The July winners in the other categories of the Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards were:
· Mayor’s Innovation GC Award: Lucent Globe
· Education, Training and Employment Award: NGO Training Centre
· Emerging and Micro Business Award: Twomey Dispute Lawyers
· Retail, Wholesale and Distribution Award: JSW Powersports
· Manufacturing Award: Knotwood
· Construction and Trades Award: Dynamic Hydro Excavations
· Professions and Services Award: Lucy Cole Prestige Properties
· Health and Wellbeing Award: Morlife
· IT and Digital Business Award: TechConnect IT Solutions
· Tourism, Hospitality and Events Award: Velvet Rope Entertainment
The awards’ major sponsors include Dreamweavers, Neumann Steel, Neumann Contractors, Currumbin Minerals, Australian Retirement Trust, Study Gold Coast, City of Gold Coast, Choice Homes, MPM Property, Westpac, Harvey Norman Commercial Queensland, Optus Business Centre Gold Coast, Griffith University, Southern Cross Austereo and Coraggio. The awards’ media sponsors include the Gold Coast Bulletin, GoTransit Media, 92.5 MMM, SeaFM 90.9, Channel 7 and 7 News Gold Coast.
The GCBEA’s major supporters are KPMG, Document Solutions Australia, Bloomtools, Consulting Hall, The Graphic Design Company and Rix Developments.
Author:Gold Coast PR Company Consulting Hall